Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Speak Free Write Assignment

Question #1
I think that people that don't like people who are really good at things are just jeolous. They must be jeolous because they can't do that certain thing and when they see someone else doing it perfectley it might make them mad. I don't think this is fair, but I see where this person is going with this, He might be embarrassed to ask for help or advice, or maybe he might just not like that person. Adults are also like this. Awile ago, my mother and I met this lady at a park and she and my mother just so happened to have they same hair stylists and the lady just complained about her. She told us that she's stuck up and full of herself all because she know's how to do hair. In my mind, I was saying yeah right and that she's just jeolous that she doesn't know how to do hair, my mom didn't like her either.

Questiom #2

 I think freedom of speech means that you have all the rights to say what you think is right. Like how David Petrakis stood up for his beliefs and won the battle between himself and and with his teacher Mr. Neck. Mr. Neck was saying how his son couldn't get a job as a firefighter, and that he should have because his ancestors were the first ones in the nation to come to America and all this nonsense. A student replied by saying how maybe his son didn't get the job because he was lazy or unqualified. Mr. Neck didn't want to here of it so he demanded that the discussion was closed and they were moving on to something else. David didn't agree.

Question #3
Are We Sometimes Different People On The Outside Then We Are On The Inside?Which is the true people, do you think?

I think that we are truelly different people on the inside than on the inside. That person might be embarrased
by how they really and make themselves into a whole different person to just fit in. I think that the people that live a happy life and dosn't give a hoot about what people think about them is the truer person. Like David Petrakis, he wanted to have a discussion in class and he didn't hide what he felt about how the teacher handled things. I liked David as a character because he spoke his mind, and in doing so accomplished so many things.



Question #4

When Mlindas parent first tell her that she can't go trick-Or-treating I think that if Melinda wants to do it let her. I think Melinda is both happy and sad that she can't go is because she probably dosn't want to go but she is sad that she dosn't get the oppurtunity to argue with her parents about wanting her to go. I personally think that when I leave childhood traditions behind I'll get sad. Like when the year comes for me to stop going trick-or-treating, or stuff like I might be a little depressing, because you are so used to having so much fun.


Question #5

I really don't like people that "like" us only to get something out of it. Like if people only liked me because I did their homework or bought them things, and they only act nice to me only for me to do something nice for them, then that's when you know that they aren't your true friends. I think that the Marthas' arent good friends to Heather because I think they only want her to help them with things. Like the school events and helping around the nieghborhood. I think that Heather and Melinda were good friends until the Marthas stepped into the picture.

Question #6

One of Mr. Freeman's "words of wisdom" is "Art is about making mistakes and leaning from them," this one was my favorite. I like it the most because art is about making mistakes. When you have a piece of clay you try to mold it into something, the first couple of tries you look at it and it dosn't lool like what you intended it to look, but by the 8th or 9th try it looks perfect. It's the same in life, when it knocks you down you have to pick yourself back up and find another way.


Question #7

David is a truelly true friend to Melinda. He tells her that "people have to speak up for rights." To Melinda these words should mean that she needs to tell someone about what happened at the party. He parents, a counsler, anybody. That she needs to take a stand a protect other girls from "It." Even though she tried to when she talked to her friend about him. But he did lead her to the idea of writing it down in the bathroom stall, where other girls agreed with her that "It" was  not a person to be hanging around with.

Question #8

When Melindas father explains to her that the arborists are cutting off disease and damage to make the tree grow again I compare it to Melindas life. I think that she has to cut cut off her angerness and and depression and let it go. She has a future now and what happened is now in the past. When Melindas father mentions that the tree is getting cut down, I think of how if Melinda cut all of the sadness and depression off she would be back to the way she used to be, the happy Melinda with lots of friends, new friends, and a not very quiet girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment