Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Queen-Why You Can Brag

Brian May, Freddie Mercury, Diego Maradona, Roger TaylorJohn Deacon.
Rock. 70's rock. That's all I need. Even though their a pretty old band I love them and at one point they were even one of the biggest stadium rock bands in the world.

Queen started 1971 in London.They have multiple albums that are:-News of the World(1977) -Jazz(1978) —Bob Geldof, on Queen's performance at Live Aid.-Queen(1973)  -Queen II(1974)-Sheer Heart Attack(1974)-A Night at the Opera(1975)-A Day at the Races(1976)-The Game(1980) -Flash Gordon(1980) -Hot Space(1982) -The Works(1984) -A Kind of Magic(1986)-The Miracle(1989) -Innuendo(1991) -Made in Heaven(1995)

Can  you believe at one point nobody wanted these guys? Well actually I do, most good artists have a rough beginning. Anyways Queen is so good they have 18 number one albums, 18 number one singles, and 10 number one DVDs. They have also influenced multiple other musicians like Nirvanna, Guns N' Roses, Radiohead, Katy Perry, and many more. Talk about talent!

And who possesses this talent you might ask?  Freddie Mercury – lead vocals, piano, rhythm guitar (1970–1991), John Deacon – bass guitar (1971–1997), Roger Taylor – drums, percussion, vocals (1970–present), and  Brian May – lead guitar, keyboards, vocals (1970–present). Sadly the only band members that are still playing are Roger Taylor and Brian May. Mercury died in 1991 of AIDS. Deacon retired 1997. 


Queen has so much to brag about. They have sold 300 million albums, they made it into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and have had their albums on UK Album Charts for 1,322 weeks! I like their music because it's timeless. I'm pretty sure everyone could find a favorite Queen song or two. 



"Queen were absolutely the best band of the day... they just went and smashed one hit after another... it was the perfect stage for Freddie: the whole world"

2 comments:

  1. Finally, someone under the age of 30 who knows who Queen is! I've grown up in a house with parents who always listened to 70's, 80's and 90's music. So I love this kind of music. Queen was a great band. Some of my favorite songs are "Somebody To Love, Bohemian Rapsidy, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and Hammer To Fall." If only there could be another band like Queen. I LOVED this post!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have "Queen's Greatest Hits" playing all day! I love all of their songs but I love "Killer Queen" and "Don't Stop Me Now" especially. And I've never been a fan of "now" music. I like older things especially in the means of music.

      Delete